Wonderware Application Server provides you the ability to leverage the .NET development language for custom and advanced functionality made available through the ArchestrA Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
Custom Script Function Libraries are integrated with Wonderware Application Server by
- Importing multiple, independent DLLs, or;
- Importing multiple DLLs that have dependencies into the Galaxy.
Wonderware Application Server accommodates importing of multiple DLLs and DLLs with dependencies through the use of aaSLIB files. aaSLIB files make managing multiple DLLs and their dependencies easier by eliminating the need to track multiple DLLs.
Wonderware recently released three new Tech Notes on deploying custom script function libraries in Wonderware Application Server:
- Wonderware Tech Note 566 “Ensuring Accurate and Consistent Deployment of Custom Script Function Libraries in Wonderware Application Server”
- Wonderware Tech Note 568 “How Wonderware Application Server Manages DLLs and aaSLIB Imports”
- Wonderware Tech Note 569 “Using Merge Modules with Wonderware Application Server”
Wonderware customers from outside of the Wonderware PacWest distribution area can access the Tech Notes on the Wonderware Support Website.