Invensys Wonderware recently introduced the new Wonderware Intelligence Software 1.0.
This new, easy-to-use enterprise manufacturing intelligence (EMI) solution enables customers to contextualize, aggregate and report both historian and operational data using role-based dashboards, presenting key performance indicators (KPIs) and real-time operational business metrics that are used to monitor, tune and optimize operations and supply chains.
Wonderware Intelligence software transforms data and information from multiple sources into business intelligence by aggregating process and production data in real time and adding contextual elements, such as equipment, product, work orders, material and personnel and others.
Adding the information context enables end-users to gain insights into the root causes of problems and understand how production or process events are related to each other or the final goal. The formatted information is saved and optimized for fast reporting and analysis, allowing end users to create and publish dashboards using the Wonderware Intelligence Analytics Client into a wide variety of web portals including Wonderware Information Server. Users can also configure customized metrics without programming.
Additionally, the solution:
- Acquires data not only from the Wonderware family of products, including MES, InBatch and Historian, but also from external systems such as ERP, LIMS, PDM or even other execution systems and historians, to provide plant, multi-plant and corporate-wide views of operations and performance.
- Systems such as OSIsoft PI, Oracle databases, Wonderware Historian and SQL Server databases are supported by Wonderware Intelligence’s native connectors
- Utilizes best-in-class tools for rapidly creating and publishing dashboards that can be rendered in commonly used web platforms such as Microsoft SharePoint, mySAP Enterprise Portal and Wonderware Information Server.
- Furthers investments in the core Wonderware products, leveraging System Platform’s Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and services for configuration and deployment of the data model and allowing customers to incrementally add MES and EMI features and functionality easily and non-invasively.
- Is a cross-functional product, applicable to any industry or market segment
Attached screenshots show examples of various dashboards created using Wonderware Intelligence Analytics Client and published to the web-based dashboard server included with the package. Dashboards published to the web remain fully interactive.
Wonderware Intelligence consists of the following functional components:
- ArchestrA Integrated Development Environment (IDE) which provides development environment for creating connections to data sources, dimensions and measures
- Data Adapters – connectors to the source data. Intelligence 1.0 provides native connectors for Wonderware Historian, Wonderware MES Operations and Performance, Oracle. It also connects to any OLE DB data source including CSV files, Excel workbooks, Access databases etc.
- Intelligence Data Store – it’s a multi-dimensional data store (in a form of Microsoft SQL Server database) which stores pre-aggregated measures for fast retrieval
- Intelligence Server – the server connects to the data sources and performs the ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) functions and stores pre-aggregated measures in the Data Store
- Intelligence Web Dashboard Server – which stores published, interactive dashboards and provides them to the web clients
- Intelligence Analytics Client – rich client tool to create dashboards and publish them to the Dashboard Server (power user tool)
- Intelligence ArchestrA Client – light-weight client that can retrieve published dashboards
Intelligence 1.0 Server is supported on Windows Server 2003 and 2008 (both, 32-bit and 64-bit versions), Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP1 is a supported Intelligence Data Store container. The client tools are supported on Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems.